This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of Tech Returners websites, including www.techreturners.com www.confidencecommunity.co.uk www.reframe-wit.com . Tech Returners are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Tech Returners is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data. Personal data is provided through your interactions, applications and submissions on our sites and that you have with our team from this. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Full name of legal entity: Tech Returners Limited
Email address: [email protected]
Postal address: Manchester Technology Centre, 103 Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7ED
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at [email protected].
Tech Returners may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
Tech Returners is a part of the Northcoders Group PLC.
- What data do we collect about you
To process your application to Tech Returners, or to enable your participation in one of our Tech Returners programmes, we require a range of personal data.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data, which includes any communication that you send to us, whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us.
- Customer Data, which includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and payment details.
- User Data, which includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services.
- Technical Data, which includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is our analytics tracking system.
- Marketing Data, which includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Application Data, which includes data collected to properly consider your application and suitability for a Tech Returners programme or event. Application data required may vary according to the specific programme you are applying for but can include: home address, contact details, communication preferences, employment history, CV, cover letter, programming experience, desired role and salary, social media profiles, proof of right to work in the UK, nationality, residency, criminal convictions, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, reasonable adjustments, caring responsibilities.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data, Marketing Data, Application Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at [email protected]. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
- Purposes and Lawful Grounds
Throughout the application, assessment, programme, and post programme support we have several purposes for collecting and processing your personal data.
- To assess your suitability for the goods and/or services that you have applied for.
- To supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions.
- To analyse the use of our website and other online services.
- To administer and protect our business and website
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and businesses.
- To enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways
- To enable equality and diversity monitoring
- To ensure that our programmes meet the equality and diversity aims of Tech Returners
- To grow our business
Throughout the application, assessment, programme, and post-programme support, we have several legal bases for collecting and processing your personal data.
- Contract: data necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Consent: in line with consent that you provide for processing your personal information, e.g., the use of photos from your participation in our programmes, marketing communications
- Legitimate Interests: for marketing communications that are necessary to grow our business, to enable us to properly administer our website and our business, to help us decide marketing strategies and methods, to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business
- Marketing Communications
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at [email protected] at any time
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International Transfer
We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK.
- Data Security
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for, we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your legal rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at [email protected]. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
- Third-party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.