May 15 @ 10:00 am - June 16 @ 11:59 pm
Who is this programme for?
This programme is for people who have previous commercial experience of software engineering and want to return to their career after a break. Due to the nature of this programme’s funding, applicants must live in England. Full eligibility criteria can be found below.
How does the programme work?
What you will learn
The programme is split up into four distinct sections. Each section includes a blend of both technical and Career and Mindset coaching. Let’s dive into the details!
- Light technical warmup, featuring refreshers & introductions to topics such as Git Version Control, HTML and code quality
- Building your confidence
- Getting into a growth mindset
- How to set and achieve your goals
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Principles of Software Testing & Test-Driven Development
- Algorithms & Debugging
- Asynchronous code
- Reframing your career break
- Identifying your strengths workshop
- How to learn effectively as an adult
- Building your emotional resilience
- Building APIs with Express
- Using MVC to structure backend applications
- Intro to databases and SQL
- Design patterns
- Semantic HTML and Accessibility
- CSS: Key Concepts & Methodologies
- React and its corresponding concepts such as props, state and hooks
- Testing React Components
- API calls
- Building React applications
- Understanding the wider frontend context – what other frameworks exist, and what problems do they solve?
- Culminating in a Group Project, building an entire full stack application alongside a team
- How to build rapport with interviewers
- Communicating your experience
- How to answer interview questions
- Owning your tech-spertise
- Interview prep workshop
- Mock behavioural interviews
Are you eligible?
- To have had a career break and be committed to returning to technology via the Tech Returners programme.
- You must have a National Insurance number
- You must reside in England to qualify for this programme and have an appropriate right-to-work in the UK (You will be asked to submit your passport, visa or share code evidence during the application process)
- Meet the residency requirements for this funding- you can find out more details here, or speak to us if you’re unsure whether or not you meet them
- You will need to take ownership and have the curiosity to work on different projects collaboratively and independently
- You must have not taken part in a funded skilled bootcamp programme in the past 12 months